We went down to the Apple Store on June 29th at 8:30pm and after standing in line for only a few minutes, we walked in the store past a group of security guards.
Any of the Apple Store employees can place your order with their hand held device. You are limited to purchasing 2 iPhones per person. This is a revolutionary purchasing experience:
1. You simply give them your credit card and identification and email address.
2. You will be asked for your electronic signature.
3. The iPhone comes in a small box, about the size of a watch
4. As you would expect the Apple store employee gives you a very nice Apple iPhone bag for your new iPhone.
5. You do not leave the store with a paper receipt, it will be emailed to you.