1) Today, received a "twitter spam" that a member "Whynot12"was following me.
Subject: Whynot12 is now following you on Twitter!
Whynot12 (vqdsfZ) is now following your updates on Twitter.
Check out Whynot12's profile here:
You may follow Whynot12 as well by clicking on the "follow" button.
2) When someone follows you on Twitter, I typically click the person's Twitter profile page to see if I know this person and see how many followers the person has. This person Whynot12 had over 800 followers, however, there most recent tweet looked like email spam I received. "Just applied for the new Obama stimulas grant package.
3) So I clicked through to the link, and it appeared to be an affiliate link, where the affiliate gets paid each time a user signs up or registers.
4) The Affiliate was https://secure.granttoolbox.com/
5) Ouch, look at their 245,000 monthly unique visitors per month on Quantcast.
Post a Comment